Törggelen in the Eisack Valley at the Röck Winery
Authentic dishes and natural wine.
The Törggelen event has a long tradition in the Eisack Valley. According to an old custom, farmers and restaurateurs used to gather in the wine cellars between the beginning of October and the beginning of Advent to taste the result of the harvest - the young wine. Here at the Röck winery, too, "getörggelt" has always taken place in the old farmhouse parlour, and even today we are happy to pamper our guests with typical dishes and farm-fresh products. At the age of 92, grandma Maria is still busy "pitching" the traditional Schlutzkrapfen (cheese and spinach ravioli) and rolling out the Kartoffelblattln (potato fritters).
Slow Törggelen - conscious & enjoyable
Mother Frieda offers our homemade Törggele menu
- Röck Tower - a taste to share
Speck | Gray cheese | beetroot | sour dough bread
- Soup of the day or Törggele tris - Schlutzkrapfen, cheese & spinach dumplings
- Kartoffelblattlen (fried patato dough) & steamed cabbage
- Pastry filled with spinach
- Sausage - smoked in the old farmhouse's kitchen
- Villanderer Krapfen - local filled sweets
poppy seed | nut | plum | cranberry | apple
- Roasted chestnut
Combine the dishes with our natural wines, a Grappa from daddy Konrad or a beer from Hannes.