Törggelen in the Eisack Valley at the Röck Winery
Delicious dishes and fine wine from our own production.
The Törggelen event has a long tradition in the Eisack Valley. According to an old custom, farmers and restaurateurs used to gather in the wine cellars between the beginning of October and the beginning of Advent to taste the result of the harvest - the young wine. Here at the Röck winery, too, "getörggelt" has always taken place in the old farmhouse parlour, and even today we are happy to pamper our guests with typical dishes and farm-fresh products. At the age of 91, grandma Maria is still busy "pitching" the traditional Schlutzkrapfen (cheese and spinach ravioli) and rolling out the Kartoffelblattln (potato fritters).
Törggelen at the origin
Mama Frieda conjures up our Törggele menu
- Röck Tower: Assorted cheese and cold meat platters to taste
- Soup of the day or Törggele tris (Schlutzkrapfen, cheese and spinach dumplings)
- Erdäpfelblattlen (potato fritters) and sauerkraut
- Pastry filled with spinach
- House sausage, smoked in the old farmhouse parlour
- Local sweets filled with poppy seed, nut, plum, cranberry & apple
- Roasted chestnuts
- Schnapsl from daddy Konrad